Every job profession has its corresponding required traits for the individual to perform his or her duties well. Good quality traits enable a person to interact with clients in the most professional manner that is crucial in a business.
Important personnel in an eye clinic are the opticians in Sutherland who specialize in the selection of eyewear as well as the fitting process. Qualified opticians in Sutherland spend most of their time in the optical shop where eyeglasses are exhibited and sold.
Role of an Optician
The major role of opticians in Sutherland is to assist customers in finding a good piece of frame that comfortably fit them and suit their lifestyle. They also get face measurements, repair frames, perform alteration of a lens, interpret prescriptions, and resolve customer issues.
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility – A good optician possesses good interpersonal skills and flexibility to be able to deal with different types of individuals. Being at the frontline, opticians in Sutherland must have a pleasant attitude towards the customers since the bottom line goal at the end of the day is to make sales.
- Customer-oriented – This quality is essential for an optician because an optical shop is a customer-oriented business. A real concern for customers is essential.
- Honesty – An honest optician can boldly tell a customer with respect if the choice of eyewear fits the customer or not. Happy customers reflect the business itself.
While opticians spend much of their time with customers, they also have some office tasks to do such as:
- Tracking of inventory
- Helping in the general upkeep of the shop
- Offering suggestions on the design and layout of the office – for expos and exhibits
- Attending vision expos and conferences to keep updated with the latest trends in eyewear.
Training and Education
Formal training and education may be required for opticians depending on the state where they work. Places that have no requirements for opticians generally let the employers train the opticians in a manner they need to. Although there are differences in education and training requirements, opticians are expected to interpret prescriptions for eyewear.
We can see that successful opticians have pleasing personalities and knowledge to perform the tasks required. It is always important to evaluate one’s personality if it suits the profession of an optician.