Currency rates keep altering dramatically. Since the currency markets are open throughout the day, the rate of exchange of different currencies are vulnerable to huge changes. So it is better to choose a reputed currency exchange to exchange your money before travelling out of Canada or if you want to make international money transfers.
Most people prefer to exchange currencies in their banks. But banks charge certain transaction fees and other service charges for currency exchange. The other option is to visit the various brokers who deal in currency exchange. But the rates offered by the brokers are inaccurate and they calculate exchange rates using their own formula, which profits them. If you want a good exchange rate, select a professional and reputed Currency Exchange Ottawa, which offers currency exchange and wire transfer services.
Currency exchange is a competitive market and there are a number of options to convert currency. Shop around a bit and enquire the prevailing exchange rate at banks and other financial institutions that offer exchange. Most of the professional Currency ExchangeOttawa offer free, obligation free quote for exchange or transfer of currency.
Here are some points to keep in mind while exchanging currency
- Enquire the bank or the Currency Exchange Ottawa, if they have enough cash of your desired currency at hand. Do not just assume that the bank or the institution has required currency in hand.
- While exchanging currency ask for mixed denominations. Do not take all the currency in one denomination.
- It is recommended to exchange your money before you leave the country. It is expensive to withdraw cash from an ATM in foreign country. Exchange your currency at your preferred bank or currency exchange and carry the required foreign currency with you as per the permitted limit.
- Bank fees and service charges add up to the exchange rate. Be very clear about the exact exchange rate and the extras added to the rate. Shop around and choose a reputed currency exchange that does not charge extra fees or charges for currency exchange. The bank fees are even higher if you transact with a foreign bank.
- Choose a Currency Exchange Ottawa that is duly registered and regulated by appropriate authorities like FINTRAC.